All emails received in Observer+ inboxes are protected with zero-access encryption using RSA (4096). If you prefer communicating with us using PGP, you can download our public key here.
1. The data we collect when you use the Platform
During each of your visits to our Platform, we may collect the following data: Data about the devices, networks and platforms you use: identifier of the device you are using (IP address, Apple ID, Android ID, etc.), connection data (date, time, duration), type and version of the browser software (Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.), type of operating system (Microsoft Windows, Apple OS, Linux, Unix, etc.).
Data relating to your browsing: route on the Platorm’s pages and duration of visits of certain pages, Content that you consult, searches and results of searches and generally your actions on the Site.
We do not collect and store data in our servers or database that contains your name, contact number(s), photos, emails or any other sensitive data that can link you to your personal identity and we ask that you do not transmit such data to us via this Platform.
Our Platform is not designed to associate personal information with your activities (such as pages you view or things you click on or search for).
2.1 What is a cookie?
2.2 Cookies used on the Platform
We use the cookies defined below on this Platform:
- Absolutely necessary cookies (Observer+ internal cookies) are technical cookies allowing navigation on the Platform and access to its functionalities and Content.
- Functional cookies (Observer+ internal cookies) make it possible to recognize you when you return to the Platform, to memorize the information relating to your preferences, and thus to improve your browsing quality: adapt the configuration of the Platform to your preferences.
- Audience measurement cookies (Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel and third-party cookies): these cookies are used to enable us to recognize and count the number of visitors on the Platform and to collect information on how it is used. (navigation route, most visited pages, etc.).
Third-party cookies intended to improve the interactivity of the Platform: the Platform relies on certain services offered by third-party websites. They are also used to measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
To find out more, click on the link below to read the respective platforms’ policy on data collection:
These are tweets (Twitter) and videos (Youtube) posted on the Platform. To learn more about these cookies, we invite you to read the conditions relating to the management of personal data of these websites:
2.3 Refusing and Deleting Cookies
Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from your internet browser on your device, some features and parts of the Platform may not work properly.
Online deactivation of Google Analytics cookies
You may prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics by downloading and installing the add-on accessible on the following link: Disable Google Analytics
3. Embedded content from other websites
4. Commercial Communications by Email
We may send you, in accordance with applicable law, and with your agreement when it so requires, the Observer+ Newsletter and some marketing, advertising or promotional messages on products, services or events from Observer+ or its subsidiaries that may interest you provided that you have explicitly agreed to the subscription of Observer+ newsletters.
If you no longer wish to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in each of our communications or by sending an email to [email protected].